DRUG CLASS AND MECHANISM:
Valacyclovir is an oral antiviral drug which is active against the Herpes viruses. It is used to treat infections with herpes zoster (shingles), herpes simplex genitalis (genital herpes), and herpes labialis (cold sores). Valacyclovir inhibits the replication of viral DNA which is necessary for viruses to reproduce themselves. Valacyclovir hcl is actually a “prodrug,” in that it is not active itself. Rather, it is converted to acyclovir in the body, and it is the acyclovir that is active against the viruses. (Acyclovir itself is available as a topical, oral and intravenous medication.) Valacyclovir, therefore, is active against the same viruses as acyclovir, but valacyclovir has a longer duration of action than acyclovir, and, therefore, can be taken fewer times each day. Valacyclovir was approved for use by the FDA in 1995.
PRESCRIBED FOR: Valacyclovir is used to treat infections with herpes zoster (shingles), herpes simplex genitalis (genital herpes), and herpes labialis (cold sores).
Valacyclovir may be taken with or without food. Dosages need to be reduced in patients with kidney disease. For the treatment of herpes zoster (shingles), the usual dose is 1 gm three times a day for 7 days. Treatment should begin at the first symptom and is most effective if started within 48 hours of the onset of rash.
For the treatment of an initial episode of herpes, the usual dose is 1 gm twice daily for 10 days. For the treatment of recurrent herpes, the usual dose is 500 mg twice daily for 5 days. For best results, treatment should be initiated within 12 hours of the start of symptoms.
Valacyclovir should be kept between 2° and 30°C (36-86°F).
See Tramadol reviews below !
Where can i Order Valacyclovir ?
We only recommend on the most reliable, International (ship to worldwide) pharmacies (Buy Valacyclovir No Prescription) that got great feedback from our readers. Order Valacyclovir online with us thru our shop page and get Valacyclovir cash on delivery option too.
- Emily – Works wonders. I’ve been using for a year and had my first outbreak while using the medicine (was really stressed and sleep deprived). I tried to stop taking for 4 months and got 3 outbreaks so I went back to daily therapy. What a godsend!!!2. Olivia – I was on Valacyclovir for almost a year. Taking 500mg everyday. I Went from having Cold sores once a month to never getting them while I was on the medicine. I was getting horrible cold sores too. I have now been off the once daily 500mg and have not experienced anything. It’s awesome. I heard that with some people taking the medicine for a while causes less reacurrences. I highly recommend it…and I had no side effects.
3. Ashley – 100% satisfied with results. shingles really hurt and this stopped the spread and resultant pain.
4. Logan – I’ll take it for 3 months and then go off until I have an outbreak. In the past I have taken it everyday and did not have any outbreaks while doing so. Increased life stress DEFINIELY affects outbreaks with me.
5. Kevin – Been using it for 6 years now. Started on 2 tablets a day, after a year stepped that back to 1 a day. Have never had another outbreak in the eye since the first one. Only get a genital outbreak when I forget/unable to take the tablets.
6. Jessica – Seemed to arrest the progress of the new onset shingles within 24 hours. Pain was much less although itching remained longer. I would definitely take this again if needed.
*The testimonials shown above are based on actual letters we received from our many satisfied customers that read this page of review and bought Valacyclovir!